Sunday, February 04, 2007

Who Doesn't Love Play Doh & Nursery School?

I just took a peek at the website for the boys' old pre-school back in Ontario and I was so excited to see that they have posted Joy's Play Doh recipe. I thought I would share it with anyone who might have small children to entertain (Granny & Grandma.. get ready for Jake's visit!)


In a bowl, mix together:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
1 tablespoon cream of tartar or alum
2 packages of Kool Aid (anything but magic Kool Aid)

In a measuring cup, stir together:
2 cups of boiling water
3 tablespoons of cooking oil

Mix wet ingredients into dry mixture. Knead together with a little extra flour. Store in an airtight container or zip lock bag.


We love our new Nursery School home in Calgary, but we will never forget the wonderful women at Pine Ridge. They were truly the source of much of our strength and faith when we first started on our journey. I will never forget first meeting Diane as the director of the nursery school. I was so afraid of bringing my kids into an environment where I knew that they were clearly not at the same level as the other children. I feared for their safety, the safety of the other children and that they would be resented by the staff for their special needs. I could not have been more off-base. Please read the nursery school's philosophy on inclusion. Our hope is that there will only be environments such as this for children with special needs and that this philosophy will no longer have to be stated, because it is the norm:


"Philosophy of Inclusion

ALL children, regardless of sex, race, colour, creed, religion or special need are welcome to be included in the program at Pine Ridge Nursery School. We believe that all children are a valuable part of our community. It is our goal to work with each child and their family as the individuals that they are.
At no time will a child with special needs be denied enrollment at Pine Ridge Nursery School based solely on their special need. Where needs for the child, their family and Pine Ridge Nursery School can be met regarding safety, staffing and quality of program, that child will be welcomed at our setting."



Diane, Joy, Susan and Holly were angels to us and they will forever have a special place in our hearts.

We miss you!






No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf