Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm Not an Idiot

I love this quote. I read it early on in our journey with autism and it did not mean as much to me then as it does now. I will try my best to remember it each time I speak to my children...

This is taken from the Doug Flutie Jr. Foundation for Autism website:

""Jeffrey Lurie, the owner of the [Philadelphia] Eagles, had a brother who was autistic who didn't speak his first word until he was 35. He told Jeffrey, 'Don't talk to me like I'm an idiot.' "

This quote not only reminds us to respect the people who are Owen and Will, but it also inspires us to know that even at 35, there is hope that words will come.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf