Monday, October 04, 2010

Step-by-Step Approach to Implementing the GF/CF Diet

I have a much longer post to write, but as I was coming up with it, I came across this video with information on how to get started with the Gluten Free/Casein Free Diet.



I attended two different workshops put on by Sueson Vess and Betsy Hicks at the Autism One conferences in 2008 and 2009 and got SO MUCH out of them. Sueson Vess is a truly wonderful chef and in my few experiences in talking with her, I found that she is so generous with sharing her knowledge. I strongly urge you to contact her when/if you've got those tough questions about special diets and if she can't answer them herself, her website is full of information as well Special Eats.

Here is another informative blog post that might give some extra tips included a Yahoo Group whose members might also help guide you on this path: Click Here To view The Autism Recovery Diet PLUS...and successful recoveries!

As my own little footnote, I will state again that the GFCF diet had a significantly positive impact on Will and Owen. In a future post, I will let you in on where we are now, as it has been two years since we went on this journey and now we have some new changes to make. I will caution that this is OUR experience and it does not mean that I am pushing any other families to go this route, especially if you aren't ready. It is a huge commitment and there really isn't much point if you don't do it 100%. GFCF worked for us, but good and clean nutrition is really the most important thing and our ultimate goal for the boys. More on this later...







No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf