Sunday, May 03, 2009

Sunday's Quotables - Tenacity

Tenacity is one of my favourite words. It's not a word that comes up often in conversation in my life, but it's one that I would use to define my family. We have never rolled over and played dead, even if life makes you want to. I remember an episode of Little People, Big World where the father was using the word to describe his own life and I have so much respect for people who represent this quality. I can't say that tenacity is a word to personally define myself as an individual in every aspect of my life, but I am determined to change that. I have many new goals for myself for this year and I am feeling very capable, confident and tenacious.



One of my new favourite blogs,A Daily Dose of Toni has a fun ritual of posting Favorite Quotes. I have always loved reading quotes and get a lot of inspiration from them. Please check out Quotable Sunday to be inspired yourself! (Thanks to Red Red Whine for the ref to Toni).

Which of these quotes is your favourite?



Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. -Louis Pasteur

Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Patience and tenacity of purpose are worth more than twice their weight in cleverness.
-T H Huxley

The history of the world is full of men who rose to leadership, by sheer force of self-confidence, bravery and tenacity.
-Mahatma Gandhi

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward.
-Amelia Earhart


"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
-Calvin Coolidge

"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."
-William Feather

"Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs."
-Malcolm Stevenson Forbes

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved all your quotes -- My fav. is "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

TFS -- Have a wonderful Sunday!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I love the word 'tenacity'! :) Great quotes - along with the Calvin Coolidge one, this one is also my favorite:

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

Enjoy your Sunday! :)

MamaJoss said...

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - yup...that is one that I just may have to post on my fridge!! Hope you had a nice weekend :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf