Thursday, January 15, 2009

Willy's Sing-Song

I love my boys so much. And after waiting nearly six years to hear Will speak, you can understand why his cute factor has gone up so drastically in my book. Is he not adorable??



So you know, this is not Will's best work. We can't figure out if it's laziness or his own creation of pig latin, but most often he chooses to not enunciate each word properly.

I especially love our bedtime routine. Every night I do the same thing with Will and lately, big brother Jake has joined us. We sing,


Night Night
Sleep Tight
Don't let the bedbugs bite
if they do, squeeze them tight
they won't bite tomorrow night
(Will sings along - word for word, if he's in the mood).

This is followed by:

I love you
You love me
We're a happy family
With a great big hug (insert hug here)
and a kiss from me to you (insert kiss)
Won't you say you love me too
- I love you Will

- I love you Ma



What is especially precious to me is that we can now share inside jokes with Will. I surprised him once with the word 'tickle' to substitute for the word 'kiss'. Now we sneak in tickle opportunities and he sneaks the word in too, while he giggles waiting for my reaction.



I love it!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf