Thursday, February 03, 2011

The View From Here

Every parent deserves a couple of minutes of peace and privacy in their day. For us, that can sometimes only be found in The Royal Lavatory. With capitals. For those of you who are unfamiliar with my husband's code name for his reading room, it is the the bathroom.

Owen and Will haven't got these rules figured out yet. No surprise there, but I never dreamt that we would need to implement a program to teach that a closed door means 'don't go in'.

Yesterday afternoon, I was out of the house for a few hours as I ran a bunch of errands before picking up the boys from school. Add to that a couple of cups of coffee and a couple of meltdowns on the drive home and you can understand why my couple of minutes on the throne were a couple of minutes I was looking forward to.

Here was a view from my sanctuary, don't worry it isn't labeled NSFW (Not Safe For Work):




Owen charged in the moment my cheeks hit the porcelain. He wanted me to find Sesame Street on YouTube RIGHT NOW! and he proceeded to scream bloody murder to show his upset. Will ran in to pull Owen's hair to let him know he wasn't happy about the noise. It didn't help. Jess the dog ran in to lick my face in her anxiety that the world was ending.

Where's the peace? A couple of seconds to pee. Is that too much to ask?




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL only you would take your Black Berry into the loo. :) but that picture is priceless. Welcome back to the blog hope to read many more posts. Love Mo

Liz Mays said...

Apparently, that IS too much to ask! LOL

Mike said...

Wow! When you can't get away from it all in the bathroom then you really have no privacy!

Caution/Lisa said...

Thanks for admitting what so many of us don't. The fun of the family bathroom :)

Anonymous said...

That's sooo funny!!! I'm sure it wasn't funny at the time lol. I can remember when I was little that every time I needed my mom really bad, she was in the bathroom so we'd all (me and my 3 sisters) would kick and scream at the door. And I can remember her saying "Can't I pee in peace?" Now Ethan does the same thing to me. I can remember the day I realized I was going to have to start locking the bathroom door because he opened it and walked right in lol.

Anonymous said...

lmao made me really laugh

Unknown said...

Lol! Well that's life, kids will always be kids except that kids nowadays stay indoor rather than playing outside :)

By the way, A world-class and captivating event is happening this March 9 to 13 at Rogers Arena in Vancouver – Cirque Du Soleil’s Quidam!. You can win 2 tickets courtesy of Coquitlam Centre easily by uploading your best Quidam photo. The photo with the most likes wins the 2 tickets! This is an opportunity you wouldn't want to miss.

Mrs4444 said...

This made me laugh, because at first I thought, "Huh? Why is her face on the porcelin?!"

It's been a long week......

Alisha said...

haha. I think this happens to every parent!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf