Tuesday, December 12, 2006

sleigh rides with Santa in Bragg Creek



I have a lot from recent months to still update everyone on, but I thought I'd try to get current and give you something recent.



This past Saturday was a great day. We bundled up the kids and went for a beautiful drive out of Calgary to the little village of Bragg Creek. It's a gorgeous little place with some cute little shops and this particular weekend they had their Christmas festival going on at their local Community Center. We didn't have the energy to tackle the craft sale, but we managed to buy a real Christmas Tree just for the kids to decorate (pics to come!). Afterwards, we caught a ride with Santa on a horse-drawn wagon ride that went through town. It was a lot of fun.




Jake-trying to pose unsuccessfully with Owen (we don't understand why that girl was wearing that outfit either!)



The most heartbreaking part of the day was when we first got picked up to go for the ride; there wasn't enough room for all of us. Jonathan decided to stay behind with Will and let Owen, Jake and I go. Jonathan would meet us at the end of the ride, then jump aboard with Will. We pulled out of the parking lot onto the street and Will broke away from Jonathan, sprinting after the wagon, crying... he wanted sooo badly to get on! I have never felt so guilty and terrible in my whole life. He loved it when he got his turn though, so it was a happy ending.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf