Friday, July 07, 2006

Happy Birthday to Poppa

On Wednesday night, Jake, Nonna, Pop, Auntie Boom, Jonathan and I all went out to celebrate Pop's birthday at The Keg.

It was a great meal and a lot of fun. Jake entertained us with his jokes: "Why did the chewing gum cross the road? Because it was stuck on somebody's shoe". Pop entertained us by breaking the lobster "cracker" while trying to teach Steph how to eat lobster and Nonna & Pop nearly made me cry when they gave me a beautiful going away card with a gift that I can't wait to put on our new mantle. The WillowTree figures are quickly becoming my favourite things; not only because of their simplistic beauty, but because of the significance of the 'Willow Tree'.

Goodbyes are getting harder and harder, but lucky for us, this dinner was not a goodbye, but just a pre-cursor to one -- but by the look of Pop's eyes tearing up everytime he looked at Jake, we know we're in for a tough time when the real goodbyes start next week.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf