Thursday, June 01, 2006

Inspirables

There are days when the mornings tell me that we're in for a rough ride. Jake is upset because we don't have any clean, green clothes for him to wear, Owen refuses to eat anything for breakfast and is having a meltdown because I won't let him drink another bottle of milk or Will just can't handle all the noise and runs around hitting everyone and everything, trying to make it all stop!

It's days like these, where I am so happy to open my email inbox and find articles or emails from friends, that inspire me and put a smile on my face. I'm not talking about those chain letter emails where you will be granted a lifetime of happiness and good fortune if you forward the story of the angel to 10 friends. I'm talking about emails from other parents who have proud moments to share with their friends. Or inspiring stories that should be put in the next Chicken Soup for the Soul book series.

Michelle is the mom of twins, Connor and Liam, who are both on the ASD Spectrum. Michelle is one of the first parents I ever met in the Autism Community, last August when we participated in the beach volleyball tournament held by the ASO in the Beaches. She really gave me some great tips and got me signed up to some great online support for parents. Michelle's boys have acquired a new skill that she has proudly let us all witness. Connor's cat is on the left and Liam's cat is on the right. Michelle says they learned to draw from watching a 'So Smart' video. Isn't that great?!

I also came across a news clip this morning, about a woman in Illinois who teaches kids who have autism to play piano. It's worth your time to watch the clip...
http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?g=3c1645c9-5971-47b7-8b63-e03147dd020f&f=00&fg=email

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Grab My Button
LINK TITLE

I'm a featured blogger on mamapedia voices

Blog Archive


Follow Me and I Will Follow You!

Subscribe
Autism Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf